MK Cycles are a local family owned business that has been established for over 40 years. We are a husband and wife team who love cycling and the outdoors. Ryan looks after everything mechanical and bike related, whilst Laura mans the coffee and cake cafe.
Our main area of expertise is bike servicing, inc road, mountain, hybrid and everything in between, including prams and Olympic rugby wheelchair wheels!
We are an official Madison, Genesis, Saracen and Ridgeback dealer. We sell bikes, mainly road and hybrid and also get secondhand bikes in for sale too, as well as selling parts.
2018 saw the launch of our coffee and cake cafe, which welcomes anyone popping in after a cycle ride, groups of runners, walkers, and dog walkers.
Everyone is welcome!
Please bear with us, Ryan is but one man and as I (Laura) am unable to be there to support him in the shop due to being pregnant and home-schooling our daughter, we really are trying our best to accommodate you where we can.
Thank you :)
We currently have a 1 week waiting list on ALL bike services and repairs. This includes NHS, Carers and Front-line staff, as well as bikes purchased from MK Cycles in the past.
Due to demand we are currently only booking in bikes that have been purchase from MK Cycles.
All bikes must be booked in by appointment only.
We are unable to do any on the spot or quick jobs unless they have been booked in.
We have been inundated with voicemails and so, as of now, unless you leave your name, number, and a message as to what it is regarding, we will be unable to return your call.
We aim to come back to all correspondents within 24 hours.
With the new guidelines in place, we will be asking that if you enter the shop please wear a facemask. If you don't have one when you arrive, please wait outside and Ryan will come to you.
Firstly, we want to say THANK YOU so much to our amazing customers old and new who have continued to support our small family business. We are the busiest we have ever been and are incredibly thankful for this. With that being said, we are having to put new measures in place to ensure all work is completed in a safe, timely manner and up to the highest of standards.
Important changes regarding booking your bike in. Please Read!
In accordance with the new guidelines we will be staying open.
However to minimise the risk to all involved can we please ask the following
1) Please phone to book your bike in for an appointment.
2) Please don't enter the shop premises unless you are wearing a face mask and you are on your own, as only one customer can be in the shop and anyone time. If you do not have a mask then Ryan will come out to take the bike from you. Call 01204 412762 if he doesn't spot you arrive.
3) Please maintain the recommended 2 meter distance. There is a bike stand outside or lean against the wood store.
4) For your piece of mind Ryan is being strict on regular hand washing and wearing gloves.
5) Our suppliers are still operating but orders are expected to take a few days to arrive.
6) We are unable to reopen the café side of the business safely and to current guidelines due to the size of the shop. This will be under review on a weekly basis, but for now and until further notice the café will remain closed.
Thanks for your continued support and adherence to our measures.
Ryan and Laura xx
What We Sell
We invite you to take a look at some of the great items and services we sell in our shop. We are proud to offer all of our customers the variety you deserve when doing your shopping. That’s why we’re happy to accommodate custom orders for any products that you don’t see on our website. Simply pick up the phone and dial 01204 412762 or send us an email and we’ll be happy to help.
News & Updates
Check out what's new at MK Cycles, Including new website features, news stories, events and more.
Please bear with us at this time as we are incredibly busy and have at least a 1 week wait on all repairs and services. We will NOT be doing on the spot jobs. All jobs MUST be booked in advance.
The Workshop is open but due to Covid restrictions the café will be closed until further notice.
More news and updates to follow soon.